The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children (WCGTC) has organized the 20th Biennial World Conference, the official international event of the WCGTC. 2013 is the International Year of Giftedness and Creativity (IYGC). This conference was designed to increase public awareness, increase the investment in gifted and creative students, and generate enthusiasm for the future of this field of knowledge.
This conference provided a programme with the highest calibre of keynote speakers, scholars, presenters and exhibitors. It brought leaders in gifted education together to share their knowledge, expertise and practices from many cultures. The venue provided a perfect scientific platform for gifted education, professional dialogue and peer networking aimed at strengthening our services and practices that fulfil our mission.
- Giftedness: Theory, Research, Practices, and Future Trends;
- Creativity: Theory, Research, and Practices;
- Assessment, Screening, and Identification: Approaches, Models, and Tools;
- Innovation Education;
- Social-Emotional Needs of the Gifted, Creative, and Talented;
- Twice-Exceptional Learners;
- Giftedness, Gender, and Cultural Differences;
- Moral Education, Values, and Social Conscience;
- Advocating for the Gifted;
- Developing Future Leaders;
- Partnering Globally for Success;
- Educational Technology;
- Curriculum and Classroom Practices;
- Guidance and Counseling; and
- Homeschooling, Parenting, and Parent Matters.